Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Fin


Seems some folks are upset with the Discovery channel. They promised a race between Michael Phelps and a shark. I guess a computerized shark wasn't good enough. People expected Phelps to race against the real thing.

Let's pause for a minute and let that sink in (pun). A real shark. Discovery never claimed it would use Jaw's cousin, Morty, to race, then eat, Phelps. I'm sure they didn't mind that some people assumed such a contest.

I'm guessing some of these people also enjoy NASCAR, bullfighting, and boxing.

Really. A real shark.

2 comments:

Berthold Gambrel said...

I had to laugh when I read about this--the mental image of Phelps in one lane of a pool, separated from a shark by those little plastic swimming pool rings is quite funny.

Seriously, though, I could not believe that some people were actually expecting a real shark. "There's a sucker born every minute," I guess.

Maggie Jean said...

Hee hee. And the shark would have to wear a cap. I should have drawn that in. Darn.

Take This Train for a Halloween Freight

Ya really wanna scare on Halloween?  Too bad this tunnel only allows fright trains. I mean, freight trains. I now understand why some peopl...