Saturday, June 10, 2017

Stranger Than Fiction


Yep, truth is stranger than fiction, although what this poor woman went through is like a horror movie. Kathleen Kauppi was charged with arson and held inside a cell, her picture in every local paper. She was charged with setting fire to not one, but two of her homes, plus setting fire to a relative's home after her houses were destroyed. At the relative's home, the sofa where Kauppi was sleeping was doused with an accelerant and lighted. Kauppi was the prime suspect. In the news she was accused of having dementia, perhaps the reason for her recent behavior of fire starting. As I read the story, I never assumed it could have been someone else. Who would do such a thing besides Kathleen Kauppi? Looking at her face, I assumed she was guilty.

The truth- her nephew confessed to trying to kill his aunt for her money and trying to cover up forging her checks.

Wow. This story/nightmare is still ongoing. I don't know if the police suspected anyone else. Perhaps not, if Kathleen was sitting in a jail cell, charged with arson. What if her nephew had not confessed? I can't help thinking of what this 70 year old woman went through. I am so glad the truth came out and I hope I have learned a lesson in all this.

*I'm also questioning my including art for such a serious subject, but that's on me and my need to comprehend this, visually.

2 comments:

^.^ said...

Comprehended, friend Maggles ... and in case U need more stuff to write a book about this arson topic, I would be happy to send U info, why neighbour Jim set his barn on fire in order to (successfully) build a brand new one ... ya ... Love, cat.

Maggie Jean said...

Oi. People. Can't live with, can't...

Uh, Hmmm, WTF, kinda movie

The movie, 'Swiss Army Man, ' is so strange I can't even tell you if I liked it. It starts out with a man on an island  (al...