Monday, June 5, 2017

MY Sunday Movie Marathon



I was in a movie marathon mood, yesterday. I watched four movies and now, I'm gonna tell you about them. I will try not to spoil the denouement of each one, but don't count on it, cause none really explain it anyway.

Number one: Monkey Business, starring Cary Grant, Ginger Rogers, and Marilyn Monroe.

Plot: Grant is a scientists working on a formula everlasting youth. He fails to come up with a potion but a lab monkey finds the solution, then pours it into the lab cooler. Chaos ensues.

Acting abilities: Grant is always awesome in everything he does. There seemed to be some tension between Rogers and Grant, and not in a good way. Monroe had a small part and was so very noticeable. Perhaps, that is why Rogers was grumpy.

Good clean fun.


Number two: Small Apartments, starring Billy Crystal, Johnny Knoxville, James Caan, James Marsden and other people unknown to me.

Plot: A creepy man lives alone whilst his brother is in a mental ward. Brother one thinks he may have killed landlord and tries to get rid of body. Crystal is a fire investigator looking into death, although landlord had been stabbed, shot, burned...

Cringe factor: 10 (1 to 10) This is one of the visually grossest movies I have ever seen. Everyone looks disgusting. The location is scarier than any horror movie I have seen.

If you can get over the fact that it is so ugly to watch it is a fairly decent story. Nothing I would ever watch again, though.


Number three: Hell House, LLC, starring Hollywood star wannabees.

Plot: A bunch of young adults prepare to scare the dickens out of Halloweensters with a haunted house theme, although the hotel is already haunted by clowns and other vague shadows. The hotel was an actual haunted place if you believe in that sort of thing. It also had a creep factor, especially the clowns, but it wasn't scary. Made no sense to me, really. I'm confused by one part where one man wants to leave after being told something only the leader and another crew member knows. I must have missed what the hell that was about. If you get sick from moving cameras, forget this one. In fact, just forget this one.


Number Four: Get Out, starring some incredible actors, all.

Plot: Girlfriend takes boyfriend to meet parents. They are strange, as are the maid and groundskeeper and everyone in the movie except for Chris and his friend, Rod.

Scare factor: Meh. Creepy, yes. Really fabulous acting, great photography. Some funny moments, too.

I don't like movies trying to teach me a lesson, especially one that blames liberals for racism. Just tell a damn horror story without the preaching.

Golly gee, can you guess which one I'd watch again and again?

And, if you want to be creeped out and take shower after shower, Small Apartments is it. The creepiest of the lot.

No comments:

Uh, Hmmm, WTF, kinda movie

The movie, 'Swiss Army Man, ' is so strange I can't even tell you if I liked it. It starts out with a man on an island  (al...