Thursday, March 30, 2017

"Wow Wow Toaster"


Even Nobel Laureates start somewhere. Bob Dylan was once Robert Zimmerman. He was a Midwestern boy and had spent some time in Wisconsin. He even wrote a song.

Yeah, a really kind a bad song. It will go on the auction block today or tomorrow, starting at $30,000.


Read Dylan's "Wisconsin" lyrics, with its original spelling mistakes, below:

"1. Wisconson [sic] is the dairy state
I guess you all know well
I was in Wow Wow Toaster there
The truth to you I'll tell
It's milk & cheese & cream
I've known 'em all my days
I'm going back to my hometown I'm leaving right aways

2. I'm a heading out Wisconson ways
2000 miles to go
Madison, Milwakee
[sic] set's my heart aglow
I'm a coming to that dairy state
My heart's a beating fast
I'll jerk my banjo gently there
And twiddle my mustache

3. There's thoughts I left there long ago
One a coming now it seems
I'll tune my banjo than the hills
And feast on milk and cream
And stamp my foot all thru the grass
And never know a care
My homes in Wow Wow Toaster
And I'm a going there

The song continues on the verso:

1. These people with you city ways
Are driving me insane to drink
My home's in Wisconson it's a better place I think
I've been in California
My home's in Wisconson
And I’m gonna own the town 

No comments:

Uh, Hmmm, WTF, kinda movie

The movie, 'Swiss Army Man, ' is so strange I can't even tell you if I liked it. It starts out with a man on an island  (al...