Monday, March 20, 2017

Didn't I Tell You Not To Go?


Hey, did you have a good weekend? I know what you did. You went and saw Beauty and the Beast, didn't you? Nobody listens to me.

I did laundry and read, Hillbilly Elegy, written by J. D. Vance. Another American who lived a shitty life with crappy parents in the hills of Kentucky. He says he owes his getting out from poverty by the love and tenacity of his gun toting, foul mouthed Mamaw. I agree with Vance that everyone should have a 'Mamaw' in their lives who will just be there for them. There should always be a place where a child feels safe. There is a lot I do disagree on with Vance, but nobody wants my opinion. (((sniff, sniff)))

Anyway, it's Monday. Back to work. Yeah, sucks big time, so here is a cute video of a kitten.




Is this thing on?

2 comments:

  1. I'm at the end of a huge waiting list for Hillbilly Elegy at the library. I'm wondering if I'll lose my interest in it by the time I can check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an interesting read when Vance writes about his personal life, but when he tries to analyze the Appalachian people, it drags. I'd love to hear your opinion if you do read it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message. Ya got til the count a ten. One, two, ten.