Monday, March 27, 2017

Another Trump Dump


I've ridden the California Zephyr twice in my life. Both were life changing times. Not because of the train ride, although it will be a part of my transition forever. The first time I traveled the train, I was 20 and lost. I had no idea what I wanted to do in my life. I was running away from a bad relationship, bad job and all the skeletons I tried to lose along the way. The second time was when I didn't think I wanted to live anymore. It was, to say the least, a very strange trip. Yet, both times, the life out there is imprinted within. I had days to think as I looked upon such amazing scenery.  I had days to bump shoulders with other passengers. I sat next to a young man who was just coming back from his mother's funeral. I could only listen to him as he tried to hold in his grief. I shake my head in disbelief because these days people would rather get to where they are going, fast, faster, fastest. For me, I needed the time, needed to see such beauty. It gave me time to think about my own life.

Now, our leader wants to eliminate the California Zephyr. He wants to save a few dollars so he can build his wall. It's no secret, I despise this man with all my being, already. For him to take this away just enforces everything I think about this awful, horrible crumb of a man.


Someday, I will travel the Zephyr again, because there are people like me who will not let this die. We may have to wait four years, but, my travels on this train will never leave me. This one useless being, hopefully, will go back to his white tower and the destruction he will leave behind will be mended.

2 comments:

  1. He's going to do a lot of damage, but I still believe we can get through four years and rise again. Just worried about the people who are getting hassled.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message. Ya got til the count a ten. One, two, ten.

Here's Mud on Yer... What!?

Nordstrom's is selling mud jeans, for $425.00. What!? What!? I mean, what!? Really!? WHAT!?