Friday, February 24, 2017

I Was Coffee Mugged


I'm gonna spill my beans, here. Crazy, I tell ya, I'm crazy. I saw an article about the new Starbuck's water bottle with the name of Lily Pulitzer on it going for double the price on Ebay- somewhere around $80 to $100, plus. I'm a little late to the Ebay party. I recently joined and have bought some nice things, although, I was never interested in Starbucks paraphernalia. Well, bust my buttons, many people are bidding on anything that holds coffee. Who knew? I don't know who Lily is, but I took a look see. I think she's dead, yet her name still sells (obviously) The problem with going on watching a happening is, one gets caught up in the maelstrom. I didn't bid on a Lily bottle, but got in on some side action and bought a used, USED, ceramic mug. I actually bought two things. I'm ashamed. I will walk the walk of group mind shame. I don't even go to Starbucks. I like their coffee, but whoopee doo, I like Folger's instant, too.

So, shame on me. Maybe it's the caffeine coursing through my bloodstream.

The one I bought- new


High bids going for this
The black cup above is a big seller. People actually watch the bidding like it was some sort of horse race. The mugs with mermaids on them are hot items, as well as mugs, cups, from other Countries.

2 comments:

KC said...

I had no idea. Guess I don't see anything special in any of the Starbucks mugs.

Maggie Jean said...

I think every time I drink from the cup I'll be thinking, "What a dummy."

This Sporting Life

Okay, prove my theory wrong So, I'm looking on the WWW for the fool Dad holding a baby whilst trying to catch a baseb...