Thursday, February 2, 2017

A Rum Doodely Day


Yes, yes, I realize the closest I will ever get to Everest is shaking Himalayan salt on my spud, but it's still on my bucket list. So, I live vicariously through adventurers who have been to the top of the world. I know they are stupid, selfish narcissists, but, they are my kind of idiots. I've been reading, Matt Dickinson's true tale of his climb during one of the worst seasons ever on the mountain. Dickinson was on the North face of the mountain when tragedy hit the South side. It's a terrific read even if you don't like climbing things. I also get lots of reading ideas from the writers who mention other heroes, so when Dickinson mentioned he read, 'The Ascent of Rum Doodle,' crikey, I had to get the book. What a title! What a cover! Okay, I have not read it yet, It's on order. (Yes, from Amazon!) It's actually a satire of those who must climb Chomolunga. Golly, I can't wait to read it.

*************************

Well, I've finally looked at the video of the Australian news anchor going meow over the fact that a co=worker is wearing white. Gah, what a bitch. Apparently, the person who filmed it was fired, which leads me to think this happens quite often. I sometimes watch a local morning show called, 'Real Milwaukee,' and for some reason I feel the tension coming through the screen. I don't think they like each other. I see one of the original members is gone, replaced with Angelica ... who looks so uncomfortable most of the time. Just guessing but I'm going to stay tuned, in case a cat fight breaks out there as well. It's obvious they are told (or decide) to match outfits. Jeez, so goofy.



**********************

Are you going to watch the football game, Sunday? I've been seeing previews of some of the commercials. Wow, they really look strange. $5 million for an ad. I'm not sure I'm going to watch, although I think Lady Gaga may have a surprise or, three.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message. Ya got til the count a ten. One, two, ten.