Wednesday, January 11, 2017

All The News You Need, Today

Before I go where I want to go, I've been pondering....Why do the characters on Big Bang wear jackets?

There was a scene where Sheldon and Amy are driving somewhere, both wearing jackets whilst Sheldon is giving a weather report. It's 79 degrees!! Here in Cheddarland, that's a frickin' heat wave. We'd be out in shorts if it got as high as 56. I know it's not just a tv thing. A relative mentioned visiting folks in Arizona and these people complained it was too chilly because it was in the 60's.

It's a very odd dilemma.

Anyhoo... I found a new website, kids! Oh boy. It's the Bali Elephant Cam.


Oh, you peeked. I actually spent hours watching people (employees) walk back and forth. Then they brought out the elephants and brought them to the pond where tourists got on and rode around whilst the elephants bathed, then they rode around some more and mostly men walked the path, one man sweeping the trail with an old school broom. It was awesome! Don't go there now (9am, my time) The ellies are sleeping.

Speaking of tourists... I've been reading, 'Innocents Abroad,' by Mark Twain,


where he travels the whole half of the other side of the world (for a mere, $1,250) He's a great writer, but to me reading this is so disturbing because he is such a racist. His whole group of traveling assholes are horrible. Ugh.

One more thing before I go. Sometimes my dreams are a tad too realistic. My first job was cleaning rooms in a hotel. I still dream I'm cleaning rooms. The detail is too real.


I still can see myself picking up shoes and making beds and pulling out a dog from under the bed. Where did that come from? I don't want to clean and it feels so good to wake up and realize I don't have to clean other people's crap, although I feel quite exhausted.


One very last thing. Can you break a rib from coughing?


The worst of my bronchitis is gone, yet, when I cough now, it hurts terribly right in the rib part. Just pondering...

Ahem, one very, very last thing. I found this photo of our former president, Millard Fillmore.


Doesn't someone who is portraying our future dictator look like him?


2 comments:

  1. Whoa, that's an eerie resemblance. I don't see him doing an impression anytime soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee, pretty weird. Related, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message. Ya got til the count a ten. One, two, ten.