Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Sing a Song of the Curmudgeon


I know there is some reasoning behind adding music to dark drama such as Oliver Twist, or this new hit, Hamilton. If I understand this, the reason is to alleviate the misery the audience member may be feeling seeing a child in rags, begging for food, coughing up coal chunks. I'm not sure Charles Dickens would be happy to see a rosy faced little cherub pleading for food in D minor.

Is it possible people will recall the child's grief, and or, death, whilst singing, "Oh, his clothes hung upon him like seaweed from the emerald sea."

Yeah, call me a curmudgeon. Falalalala.

No comments:

I Am All Pow(dot dot dot) oh, sh*#!

Seriously, is this guy's ego so big he thinks he's more powerful than the sun? What a goof. Anyway, we are still here. Not tha...