Friday, December 30, 2016

Maybe It's The Vapors


I've lived in my little Queen Anne home for almost three years now and have never encountered any critters - until, last night. I was sitting in my favorite chair, trying to relax, after a strenuous day in the ER. Nothing too horrible- just a bout of bronchitis. So, I'm watching the movie, Laura,' where a dame is still a dame, when out of the cor... no, actually, right in front of me, a mouse saunters by. I see her tippy toe out my door (phew!) then come right back in. She sort of hesitated and I said, "Why don't you go back out that door?" whereby she did a masterful flip into the air and ran into my kitchen.

Here's the thing. I cannot kill it. Especially after I had just seen 'The Tales of Despereaux,' earlier in the day, about a mouse


who wants to be a knight. He is brave and chivalrous. So, how could I possibly oust my visitor? What if she was sending me a message, like, "Hang in there, 2017 will be so much better.

Okay, it could be the drugs talking, although, I only took an antibiotic and had to suck up this stuff through a pipe and whoa, whoa, whoa....

Anyway, I have not seen her around, which is good. I know nothing about raising a mouse.

No comments:

Uber, Uma, Uber, Uma

What am I missing? Why is Uber such a big deal? Isn't it just some taxi service? I vaguely remember when a cute little car was show...